Sunday, March 29, 2009

I am a boat owner!

Well, I officially own a boat now. That's right, now I can go fishing whenever I want. God totally provided this fishing kayak. It was only about a month ago that I even gave thought to the idea of a fishing kayak. I started to do some research and found that at best I might find a good used one for several hundred dollars. So, scrapped that idea, thinking it would take me a good while to save that kind of cash.

Out of the blue a buddy from work sends me a link to a fishing story from the TODAY show. He is a fisherman and knows I like to fish. He then asks me if I have been fishing lately. I tell him "no" and that was entertaining the thought of fishing kayak. He then tells me to come get the one from his backyard for $50. His wife has been on him to get rid of it. It hasn't been used in a couple of years and just taking up space.


Well in case you haven't figured it out by now, I pretty much stole this kayak from this guy. He knew this though. He is smart about this stuff. He felt guilty to get nothing for it, and felt better by getting something cash for it. I was glad to oblige.

As you can see by the pictures, I had great help in cleaning it up and thoroughly inspecting it.



0 comments: