Friday, August 29, 2008

GO BIG RED!


It's time to get this party started. I can't believe it is finally here. Tomorrow, will mark the beginning of the Bo Pelini era. We (Husker fans) have been waiting for this day since the end of the 2003 college football season.

It is hard for me to keep my expectations down, but I guess it is only natural as I bleed Husker red. Realistically, I believe we will see 6 or 7 wins and a bowl game. Add a bowl game win and we could see 7 or 8 wins. I would think that would be a "successful" season in my book. Kirk Herbstreit, one of the most respected ESPN analysts, is bullish on the Huskers this year. He said he would not be surprised to she Nebraska finish the season with 9 wins. I am all for it, but just don't see it, as the Big 12 is just too deep this year. He also had mentioned the Huskers in several categories of his annual Herbie Awards column on ESPN.com.

I am so excited to listen to the game tomorrow. As much as I would like to see the game on TV, I always enjoy listening to the games on the radio broadcast over the Internet. The guys that call the game pump so much energy into there coverages. I love it.

Everyone get their balloons ready to cover the sky when we score first. Lets get this party started!

0 comments: